Re: Problems: Installing Designer 2000 V2.1 and Personal Oracle 8.0.4.0.0 with Windows 95

From: Ken Chow <kenchowhk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 21:44:10 +0800

You can try to modify the registry to set the default SQL to 8

Ken Chow
Jozua Hugo wrote in message <78ak1e$50b$1_at_hermes.is.co.za>...
Hi

Is there a easy way of installing these two products ? After installing and running the scripts I just cant get Designer to connect to Personal Oracle

Sometimes when shutting down the database I get the message that it has lost the connection. I suspect the problem lies with TNS. The other area of concern is that PO uses SQL 8 but when I want to install Developer 2 it uses SQL 3.3 to create the example tables but SQL 3.3 does not seem to work with SQL 8.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Jozua
Cape Town
South Africa