Copy/Paste problem with Designer 2.1.2

From: Håkon T Sønderland <haakonts_at_online.no>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:22:23 +0100

I need to copy a module in the Design Editor. I've tried to do this from the Navigator Modules tab using the method described in online help
(see below).

After I press the Copy button in the Copy Object dialog Designer sets up som progress meters and works for a long time. After that is finished

nothing happens. There is no trace of a new
module anywhere. I also tried drag & drop with
the same result.

And yes, I did requery as described below.

How is this supposed to work???

I also tried the same with lookups (table usages) that I want to copy within a module. No luck here either. This is really frustrating.

Online help explanation included below.

Normal Copy/Paste (ctrl-c/ctrl-v) of elements or table usages gives the following error:

CDI-22158: Failed to create object. Make sure the object is entered in the system registry.

Any ideas?

Haakon

"You can copy one or more Repository elements using the Copy utility.

To copy elements:

  1. (Optional) From the Navigator, select the element or elements that you want to copy.
  2. Choose Utilities?Copy Objects.
  3. In the Copy Objects dialog box:
  4. If you want to copy to a different application system, select the application system from the To Application dropdown list.
  5. (Optional) If no elements are listed, or if you want to add further elements to the list:
  6. With the Context List tab active, click the Add button. ii. In the Select Type dialog box, double-click the type of element you want to add to the list. iii. In the Select Object dialog box, select the element(s) you want to copy.
  7. (Optional) Refine the copy operation. How?
  8. Click the Copy button.
  9. If you see a message regarding mandatory references, you must resolve these before continuing. How?
  10. When the operation has finished, click Cancel.
  11. If the copied element is not visible, click
    (Requery All) in the toolbar. "