PL/SQL: How use cmd-line param in stored proc. before DECLARE section?

From: John Haskins <76054.334_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 18:24:44 -0800

Greetings:

Can anyone tell me how to use a parameter passed to a stored procedure, before the DECLARE section? Every example I've seen uses passed parameters within the BEGIN section, but I need to use them before that point...and can't figure out how. Assistance appreciated!

Here's a sample of the routine:

create or replace procedure PROC_TEST is

   V_SOURCEROW OUTPUT_TABLE%rowtype;
   cursor TEMP_CURSOR is
   select

      C1,
      C2
   from
      TABLE_100   T1
   where
      T1.C2 = '01-JAN-98'

   ;
BEGIN
   FOR v_sourcerow IN temp_cursor LOOP
      INSERT INTO OUTPUT_TABLE (
         C1,
         C2
         )
      VALUES (
         V_SOURCEROW.C1,
         V_SOURCEROW.C2
         );

   END LOOP;
END PROC_TEST;

My goal is to be able to pass the table name to the procedure at runtime. So I need to replace the "TABLE_100" with a parameter that is passed into the routine. But when I do this, the procedure produces errors when it compiles.

Thanks. Received on Thu Jan 21 1999 - 03:24:44 CET

Original text of this message