Reports 3.0 frame start position on page 2

From: Ian C. Sellers <icslu_at_co.boulder.co.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 17:17:32 -0700

I have encountered a situation several times where for one reason or another (e.g. letterhead, titles, etc.) the first piece of text in a report must start about halfway down the page. I'm working entirely within the report body -- not margin, header, or footer layers.

The problem is that the next pages of text also start about halfway down
-- for the second, and all subsequent pages. It seems that Oracle
Reports bases the starting point for printing on subsequent pages by the placement of the item and frame on the first page. Is there a way to cause the text to begin to display all the way at the top of the second page even if the frame begins halfway down the first page? Can I create the equivalent of a collapsing anchor between the margin and the first report frame?

Any (constructive) suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Ian