Crystal Reports/Oracle8 Functionality Issue

From: Dan Bikle <bikle_at_bikle.com>
Date: 20 Jan 1999 19:18:52 GMT

Hi,

[Quoted] I just installed Seagate Crystal Reports v7 on my win95 box.

I used a tool named '32 bit odbc administrator' to point crystal reports at an Oracle8 database on Solaris.

I used a tool named crystal sql designer to build a sql select command and then run it.

Here's my question: How do I force the crystal sql designer to recognize VIEWS and table SYNONYMS in the Oracle8 data dictionary?

Currently it only displays names of TABLES when I ask it for a list of structures to query.

I'm thinking about rolling Crystal Reports as an adhoc query tool to end-users. It will have limited use if it can only present a list of TABLES.

One good thing about it is any sql query sent to the database which references VIEWS and/or SYNONYMS does work okay.

-Dan

Daniel B. Bikle/Independent Oracle Consultant bikle_at_bikle.com | 650/941-6276 | P.O. BOX AG LOS ALTOS CA 94023 http://www.bikle.com