Re: oracle stored procs

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 19:40:23 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "Sandra Ward" <sandraw_at_peregrine.ie> (if that email address didn't require changing) On 19 Jan 99 17:21:01 GMT, you wrote:

>Hi folks,
>just wanted to know if there is a limit on the no. of individual parameters
>that can be passed to a stored procedure. We want to call a pl/sql stored
>proc from visual basic , however, there are a large number of parameters to
>be passed.

no there are no documented limits. I've tested with about 1,000 inputs without issue.

>Also, is there a way to view the code of a stored proc from sql*plus
>without having to access the sql file?

select text from all_source where name = 'NAME' and owner = 'OWNER' and TYPE = 'PROCEDEURE/PACKAGE/FUNCTION/PACKAGE BODY' order by line;

>Thanks
>Sandra

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

--
http://govt.us.oracle.com/    -- downloadable utilities

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you,
you have to make it easy to get email to you.  Any bounced
email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it.