Re: Forms 6.0 and 2 Oracle Homes

From: <paul.nearn_at_dunnhumby.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 14:32:04 GMT

[Quoted] In article <77vgm2$7vi$1_at_news-2.news.gte.net>,   Douglas Scott <Douglas.S.Scott_at_USAHQ.unitedspacealliance.com> wrote:
> I recently received a copy of Forms 6.0 beta and installed it into a
> seperate Oracle Home (actually on another disk drive) so that it
> wouldn't interfer with my installation of Developer 2.1, but there
> doesn't seem to be a way to switch between the 2 Oracle homes easily.
> Does anyone know how to do this?
>
> Douglas Scott
> Douglas.S.Scott_at_usahq.unitedspacealliance.com

Douglas

We use a method wherby we only actually ever have one Oracle home in the registry at any one time but SAVE both Oracle branches of the registry as .REG files. To do this open your registry , navigate down to the brach where [Quoted] your Oracle home is and use the export registry menu command (using brach only). Then you can re-install Forms 6 components (which will update the registry) and save that exactly the same way. You'll have now 2 Forms registry files. To use 2.1 simply double click on the 2.1 reg file which will [Quoted] overwtrite whats in the registry and do the same with the 6 reg file if yo want to use that. get both .REG files backed up on diskette ASAP as well !

hope this may be usful