Re: Discoverer 2000 & Oracle Reports

From: Torben Jørgensen <toj_at_dde.dk>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 09:08:07 +0100

Hi

I am training people in using Oracle Discoverer version 3.0 and 3.1. The general idea behind theese tools is to provide decision makers with an intuitive, Windows-like user interface to the database, hiding the complexity and technics from the user.

The tool is excellent in that it is really intuitive and easy to use, but being a relatively new product it still suffers from some troublesome "diseases", such as errors when creating summary tables, workarounds needed when creating date hierarchies, etc. But these are troubles that the product will overcome in time.

I have no experiences with Oracle Reports, however.

Best regards
Torben Joergensen