Re: Use existing HTML pages from OAS

From: <bonanos_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 06:33:58 GMT

Yes it is doable

  Jan-Olav Eide <janolav_at_nr.no> wrote:
> I have a number of statically defined HTML
> pages that I wish to present from an PL/SQL
> application running in Oracle Application Server
> 4.0. I hope to avoid having to write dynamic
> generation of these pages using the htp/htp package,
> is this at all possible.
> Something like htp.print("Existing html page") would
> be nice, but is it doable ?

Here is an egg_sample: Note: that the request function only returns the first 2000 characters of a file, if the html file is bigger than that then you will have to use:UTL_HTTP.REQUEST_PIECES instead of utl_http.REQUEST. You would place this in a loop and test to see if you are on the last piece by seeing if the last piece is smaller than 2000 chars

  • -- var to hold pieces of the html file l_data varchar2(2000);

begin

--this line prints the data of the web page htp.p(l_data);

--and then you need to handle any exceptions  exception

when utl_http.init_failed then

   return 'BAD';

when utl_http.request_failed then

   return 'BAD';