Re: Generate soft copy from Designer 2000

From: SROCEO <sroceo_at_aol.com>
Date: 19 Jan 1999 05:03:36 GMT

You can convert the diagram to PDF format where it can be pasted into Word or read and printed by Adobe Acrobat Reader.

How to do this? There are two approaches.

The best way is to obtain a copy of the full version of Adobe Acrobat (apx $300). Then using the adobe print driver, print the diagram to a file. Save the file as *.pdf and you can then send to your user who can open the file in Adobe Acrobat Reader or you can paste a copy of the diagram into Word.

The free way to do this is to obtain a copy of software called Ghostview and Ghostscript available at:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu./~ghost/

You need a print driver that can print to a file in postscript format. I used a Kodak print driver (pre-installed with Win95) to print my diagram as an *.ps (encapsulated postscript) file. I then used Ghostview to open the file. I can then copy the image and paste into Word or I can again print to a file. Ghostscript has a pdf file format. The file can then be read by Adobe Acrobat Reader.

These are a lot of steps but they are really not so bad once you have gone through it several times. I have had sizing problems with the Ghostscript method so beware of trying to capture large diagrams.

Regards,
Suzanne Received on Tue Jan 19 1999 - 06:03:36 CET

Original text of this message