Migration from Forms 3 to forms 4.5 or 5

From: Patrick Nobels <patrick.nobels_at_ping.be>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 23:23:21 +0100

[Quoted] Hi gurus

I have an application written in Forms3. The forms arre running on AIX 4.1.5 UNIX boxes.
We want to migrate this application to a GUI Forms 4.5 or 5. Is there anybody out there that had some experience doing this. I'm looking for answers on questions like :
- What kind of unix resources I have to put in at the application server ?
(today 100 Users use 128 MB RAM and one Processor )
- What would be the best choise, replacing my UNIX application servers with
NT boxes ?
- My users today use vt220 emulation on the PC workstation to contact the
application server. Do I have to migrate to an X-Window emulation.
- What about WEb-enabled Forms ?