How extract time values from date fields?

From: Maarten Meijer <M.Meijer_at_accu.uu.nl>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 12:21:41 +0000

Hello Oracle programmers,
[Quoted] [Quoted] Could anyone solve this little problem? In a PL/SQL program, I'm trying to

select ... from ...
[Quoted] where time0 between time1 and time2

[Quoted] [Quoted] time0, time1 and time2 are of type DATE, but I'm only interested in the time portion of these dates!
[Quoted] [Quoted] Since time0 is being input by a user, the date portion of time0 [Quoted] is set to the first of the current month and year, while time1 and time2 can have other month and year values. So how do I ignore these day, month and year values??

Thanks!

--
Maarten Meijer (030)2531660/2805001 http://www.accu.nl/~mmeijer
[Quoted] [Quoted]   ACCU (Academisch Computercentrum Utrecht) fax (030)2531633