Max Query Time - how is query canceled?

From: Shawn Baker <smbaker_at_cat.e-mail.NOSPAM.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 17:38:47 -0800

How does this blasted thing work? When I set max query time for a block to 1 or any other value, I never get any "cancel" option during a long query. Yes, I do have Query All Records set to Yes.

Ok, so maybe it's not an explicit cancel window that comes up. There is a Cancel Query option in the default menu, but once you start your query and the icon changes to an hourglass, you can't access the menu (or do anything else for that matter).

What gives?

Also, I tried using Maximum Records Fetched instead. This is a little better, but it still doesn't give you a cancel "option". It just unceremoniously stops the query cold after the number is reached and gives you a message.

Thank you for any help provided. Received on Fri Jan 15 1999 - 02:38:47 CET

Original text of this message