Re: Newby: How to assign a value to a Display Item

From: <beansboy_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 22:35:15 GMT

Assuming your text item is in a block called 'CONTROL' and the text item name is 'TEXT_ITEM1', then the statement :CONTROL.TEXT_ITEM1 := 'Assigning a value to a field';

Of course, you'll get an exception if the field can't accept the data (ie if it's a numeric field and you try the above, or more likely the length is too long).

-beansboy