Tools for creating Web front end to Oracle Database

From: Cotools, DMS (EXCHANGE:CAR:7H72) <"Cotools,>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 10:29:39 -0500

I am currently researching the best way to have a web front end to our Oracle database (it doesn't exist at the moment but will most likely be 8i). The database contains configuration information that needs to be viewed and edited by users over a global intranet. This information also needs to be formatted into tables, etc., preferably in the most platform independent form possible.
I have looked around the Oracle site and the new WebDB tool advertised with Oracle 8i seems to fulfill these requirements. (it generates HTML and has javascript tools to allow database access through a browser) 1. Are there other third party products out that I should investigate? 2. Any other relevant information to making databases Web capable is appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Konrad Received on Thu Jan 14 1999 - 16:29:39 CET

Original text of this message