814 Long Time to Backup Designer

From: <krose_at_athena.nwafc.nf.ca>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 13:02:56 GMT

Hello,

Im using Oracle Designer repository (most recent version) on a Windows NT 4.0 (SP3) pentium 133Mhz with 104 megs of RAM. Orace Enterprise Server 8.04 houses the repository. The client Designer machine is a pentium ii 350 with 180 megs of ram.

I am doing an Export of the repository through the repository adminstration utility. I am doing a Full User export to create the dump file.

My problem is that this is taking an exceedinly long time. I have aproximately 70 entities in my model with fairly detailed information on each. The time to export is over 26 hours !!!!

I dont think this is right. I know the machine is slow but is this normal? Any suggestions at rectifiying the problem (something I can modify or reconfigure). I have checked the Rollback segs and the basic stuff but nothing looks wrong. However, I am fairly new to Oracle also. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin Rose