Re: Calling SQL Script from Browser

From: Ingo Etienne <ingo_etienne_at_semantec.de>
Date: 1999/01/12

Depends on the way of authentification and the web server you're running. That means if you're running OWS 3.x and you change some usernames on the database, the users can't access the database anymore since the username/pw is also stored in the listeners config file. You may also change this file, but there will be no effect until you reload the listener as well as the WRB. Damn situation, although there may be some way to do this. Perhaps someone else knows a solution to this.

Anyway, this only apply to OWS 3.x, afaik version 4 of OAS is more flexible...

Now, if you don't have these Oracle web servers, you may use some other interface to execute SQL on a database to alter the users pw...like ASP from M$ or the freely available CGI-Wrapper PHP from www.php.net !

Greetings
Ingo