Forms 5.0 Standards!!!

From: <plprasad_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 21:56:51 GMT

Hello,

[Quoted] I am involved in a process of setting standards for developers in forms 5.0. One of my collegue says it is better to have a package at "form level" and have all the trigger code as procedures and functions in that package and call them from the triggers.

I personally felt this is not the best way, but I need some good reasons to support my choice. First of all I would like to know

  1. Is it good to have forms package and have all the procedures in it and call them from triggers.
  2. Are there any advantages of writing trigger text at the trigger level instead of having the forms Packages.

Please give pros and cons in both the cases.

Thanks in Advance,
Prasad