Re: SQL Loader return code from batch file under NT

From: Thomas Jones-Low <tjoneslo_at_softstart.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 17:03:29 -0500

I'm not entirely sure about sqlldr80.exe return codes, I would imagine oracle has not change them at all.

NT Command files are the absolute worst thing to try and write any scripting with.

IF ERRORLEVEL x should be read as: IF ERRORLEVEL <= x THEN

that is if your script says
IF ERRORLEVEL 3 GOTO :END if sqlldr80 returns a 0, 1, 2 or 3, it will goto the end tag. If you want to trap individual return codes your script ends up looking like this:

IF ERRORLEVEL 0 GOTO :GotA0
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO :GotA1
IF ERRORLEVEL 2 GOTO :GotA2
IF ERRORLEVEL 3 GOTO :GotA3

and so on.

--
	Thomas Jones-Low		JobScheduler for Oracle
	tjoneslo_at_softstart.com