Re: Initiate an Oracle PL/SQL procedure from outside of Oracle?

From: <celuszak_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 18:14:27 GMT

In article <01be3844$490134e0$2c2134d1_at_pc337>,   "John Thomas" <Sadly_Mistaken_at_potato.mindless.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to initiate an Oracle PL/SQL procedure outside of Oracle?
> For example, I would like to be able to call an Oracle PL/SQL procedure
> from:
> - MS Access
> - batch scheduler (e.g. NT Scheduler)

A simple way is to use SQL*Plus. Write out a couple of lines of script, in which you invoke your procedure, then fire up SQL*Plus pointing at the script. Requires userid/password in the command line that starts SQL*Plus, unless you set up to login to Oracle with operating system userid (See OPS$ documentation).

My experience doing this is on Unix. Windoze experts, feel free to advise.

Tom C.