Re: combo box lists help needed

From: Bruno S Fernandes <bruno-s-fernandes_at_telecom.pt>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 16:30:28 -0000

This should help you even more ...

    [Quoted]
  1. Create a program unit:

PR_FILL_LIST is

    CURSOR c1 IS

        SELECT id_field, descr_field,
        FROM table;

    i number;
BEGIN
         i1 := 2;
        FOR rec IN c1 LOOP
           Add_List_Element('BLOCK.COMBO_ITEM', i,
                                             rec.descr_field, rec.id_field);
           i := i + 1;
        END LOOP;
        Delete_List_Element('BLOCK.COMBO_ITEM', 1);

 EXCEPTION
       WHEN NO_DATA_FOUND THEN
               null;
       WHEN OTHERS THEN
               Message('pr_fill_list: Error: '||sqlerrm);
               Raise Form_Trigger_Failure;
END; 2) On the item COMBO_ITEM properties remember to put the property <Required> to False.

3) Invoke the procedure pr_fill_list on the When-New-Form-Instance Trigger

4) After, add this line of code to your trigger:

   :BLOCK.COMBO_ITEM := Get_List_Element_Value('BLOCK.COMBO_ITEM', 1);

Note: You can do steps 3) and 4) whenever you want, therefore updating your combo box on runtime.

Best Regards,

      Bruno Fernandes (Email: bruno-s-fernandes_at_telecom.pt)