Forms 4.5 Commit Validation

From: Idwi <idwi_at_softhome.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 15:50:54 +0700

Hi All,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I got this problem, I have a master detail form, where there is a numeric [Quoted] field in master block containing amount that is entered by users. And then the users also enter the distribution of that amount in detail block. Before [Quoted] committing, I want to check whether the sum of the distribution (in detail) is equal to the amount in master.
[Quoted] I've tried using PRE-COMMIT trigger and using go_block command to go to detail block (to sum the amount) but Forms said it's a restricted procedure, [Quoted] [Quoted] so I can't use it in PRE-COMMIT. What trigger that I can use instead of PRE-COMMIT ? Thanks for any reply.

Regards,
Ivan D. Received on Mon Jan 11 1999 - 09:50:54 CET

Original text of this message