Re: import table from excel?

From: Justin Stopforth <jstopforth_at_icon.co.za>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 07:27:13 GMT

Hi

What would the select statement for something like this look like? I've tried to select from excel via odbc before and the syntax isn't easy to figure out (eg what is the table name, how do you reference multiple sheets within a workbook, what are the column names etc.)

Thanks

justin

On Fri, 8 Jan 1999 19:57:07 +0100, "Van Nieuwenhuyse" <van_nieuwenhuyse_luytens_at_online.be> wrote:

>Get an ODBC Driver for excel.
>after that you can access your excel file as any other datasource.
>
>Harris Wong heeft geschreven in bericht ...
>>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I want to know whether there's a tool to import the table defined in excel
>>to oracle?
>>
>>Any help is much appreacited!
>>

>>Yours,
>>Harris Wong
>>ICQ: 3936752

(remove <no spam> from address to reply) Received on Mon Jan 11 1999 - 08:27:13 CET

Original text of this message