Dev2K: How make graph work in form?

From: John Haskins <76054.334_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 13:04:37 -0800

Can someone help me get a graph working in a Developer/2000 v2 form?

I've run the Graph Wizard, which generated a fine little graph. When I run the form, I get the following error message when I execute a query:

   OG-01105: Unable to load display.

The documentation on this error message simply states that it's in response to an uncommon situation. Duh!

I have looked through all the Developer/2000 documentation, two third-party books, and all the demo .fmb files. I cannot find a single example that explains how to make this work. There are pieces here and there--for instance, I learned that apparently the chart item is supposed to be related to a control block rather than to a data block--even though the Chart Wizard didn't do this--so I created a control block and put the chart item on it. Then I learned there should be an OG.OPEN statement in a WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE trigger to activiate the form. Of course, the Chart Wizard didn't do this either. So I took care of this. Now, when run, the form produces this error message upon a query being executed:

   Cannot open file 'C:\Progra~1\Ora8Home\FORMS50\EA.ogr'.

                                           [ OK ]

...followed by the old familiar:

   OG-01105: Unable to load display.

There is no file named 'EA.ogr' anywhere on my hard disk. What the heck did the program get the idea it was supposed to load that file?

Besides being angry that this feature is so poorly implemented and basically undocumented, I really need to get this working. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks. Received on Sat Jan 09 1999 - 22:04:37 CET

Original text of this message