problem displaying text during an execute_query

From: Lincoln Scott <lincoln_at_logicworld.com.au>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 16:42:38 +1000

[Quoted] I'm running Forms 4.5 in character mode on a SUN machine.

I have 2 blocks, A and B, and code similar to this:

A.field1 := 'a very long string whose length is greater than 20'; synchronize;
go_block('B');
execute_query;

Now the problem is that the execute_query takes quite some time to run, and while it is executing, only the first ** 20 ** characters of "A.field1" are [Quoted] displayed in the form. When the execute_query returns, all the text is displayed.

I have one form where there are 2 fields that have the same problem. It's not a position problem because I've tried moving the text around.

Any ideas?

Regards, Lincoln Scott. Received on Fri Jan 08 1999 - 07:42:38 CET

Original text of this message