calling a trigger...forms 5.0

From: <mdesouza_at_YAHOO.COM>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 15:45:44 GMT

[Quoted] Hi all

Is there a way I can call a trigger within a procedure

ie call('ON-ERROR')

well maybe I dont need to do this if someone can help me

I have got an error table stored on the database with all specific error messages and Oracle, forms messages like

   message_code Message_type Message_texy

      1                 ME        effective_from_date > effective_to_date
      2                 ME        currency not selected
      20001             ORA       Divide or mutiply indicator is not
                                  valid

and so on

What I want to do is that when I validate an item I need to raise a particular error from the table and display it to the user

How do I do this. It work fine when its on Oracle or form errors because of the ON-ERROR and ON-MESSAGE

Any help would be appreciated

regards

michael Dsouza