Re: Drowning in Oracle...{Extreme Newbie}

From: Ryan <ryanrich_at_>
Date: 1999/01/06

On Wed, 06 Jan 1999 02:33:16 GMT, dperez_at_juno_nospam.com wrote:

>If you're doing the install, on NT, you can have Oracle provide you with the
>scripts for the database creation. That'll at least give you a roadmap... BUT,
>you'll still need some kind of Oracle manuals to give you basic
>information...... And it SURE aint' gonna come from the concepts manual - one
>of the most convoluted books I've ever tried to make heads or tails of......
>
>AND, at least on the NT version of 8.0.4, it comes with some online manuals.
>BUT, without going to some basic training somewhere, its a LOT harder to get any
>kind of mastery.

AMEN. I pulled those concepts books out of the box and laughed. Havent touched them since. he he try installing on UNIX. That's r e a l fun.

[Quoted] I disagree on the training bit though. I know guys who went to training and are idiots. That's because they can't learn regardless. I know training is the best way but I think if you have the patience you can get pretty good doing whatever. It's like technology .... the more you learn on your own, the faster you learn on your own next time. ;)

Ryan

[Remove the <NO SPAM> from my email address to reply] Received on Wed Jan 06 1999 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message