Compilation Error

From: Romy Ybanez <raybanez_at_pworld.net.ph>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 15:43:55 +0800

Hi everybody!

I have a project using Dev/2000 version 2.1 in a Windows 95 machine. I Windows 95 crashed and I decided to switch to Windows NT. I installed Orace Developer/2000 in the new configuration using the same CD-ROMs I used for Windows 95. (They're compatible to both Windows 95 and NT). Now when I run my form, I was surprised that the packages and procedures in the program units cannot be compiled. Oracle Forms did not explain why. These were the same modules that run correctly with Windows 95. Could it be due to permissions in Windows NT? I also have installed a trial software from Oracle containing JDeveloper Suite and Oracle Applications Server for NT. But I connect to a remote server for the tables.

I appreciate your help.

P.S.

The sample of the error messages during compile: Sample Package Specs for Messages:

[Quoted] Compiling package specification MESSAGES... PACKAGE MESSAGE IS
Compilation error on package specification MESSAGES: PROCEDURE show_,msg(
PL/SQL ERROR 906 at line 1, column 1
alert_type VARCHAR2,
Compilation is not possible
message_type VARCHAR2);
PL/SQL ERROR 0 at line 0, column 0
ORA-06540: PL/SQL: compilation error

Compiling package specification SPIN...
Compilation error on package specification SPIN: PL/SQL ERROR 906 at line 1, column 1
Compilation is not possible
PL/SQL ERROR 0 at line 0, column 0
ORA-06540: PL/SQL: compilation error

Compiling procedure TOOLBAR_ACTIONS...
Compilation error on procedure TOOLBAR_ACTIONS: PL/SQL ERROR 906 at line 1, column 1
Compilation is not possible
PL/SQL ERROR 0 at line 0, column 0
ORA-06540: PL/SQL: compilation error

Compiling procedure BUTTON_HELP...
Compilation error on procedure BUTTON_HELP: PL/SQL ERROR 906 at line 1, column 1
Compilation is not possible
PL/SQL ERROR 0 at line 0, column 0
ORA-06540: PL/SQL: compilation error Received on Wed Jan 06 1999 - 08:43:55 CET

Original text of this message