Re: NT and Unix Connection

From: Dan Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: 1999/01/04

> Please excuse this question from a non-techie, trying to get some
> information, in the absence of his techie.

No need to apologize. The more Oracle you learn the more humble you become.

> We have an Oracle8 database on an SGI. We want to make Web-available a
> system of forms for users to load/update their details. For this we want
> to use Developer2000.
>
> Question: What is the minimum/optimum computer configuration, if there
> is such a thing?

There isn't. Critical information you need to get relates to the number of users, number of transactions, hardware specifications, etc. I might tell you that 1GB of RAM is sufficient but you could rightly ask . . . "sufficient for what?" It would be gross overkill for three users. Wholly inadequate for 10,000.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Mon Jan 04 1999 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message