Re: Urgent! Please analyze this piece of code

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 14:47:19 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Marco Ribeiro <mar_at_bart.inescn.pt> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Mon, 04 Jan 1999 14:13:38 +0000, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm including a C function from a data loading program in Pro*C. This
>function selects data from an Oracle 7.1 database on Unix machine, calls
>
>some functions and inserts the data in an Oracle 7.3 database. The query
>
>usually fetches a few hundred records. This process is very fast at
>first but it starts to lose performance until it's reduced to a crawl. I
>
>noticed that it becomes very slow when it's executing the function calls
>
>between the fetch and the insert.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Marco

have you turned on sqltrace in the databases? (alter session set sql_trace=true) and analyzed the TKPROF reports?

have you checked the alert logs on the databases to see if there are lots of "checkpoint not complete, cannot allocate new log" messages (indicating you need more online redo log to get you through this high insert period)?

[snip]

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

--
http://govt.us.oracle.com/    -- downloadable utilities

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you,
you have to make it easy to get email to you.  Any bounced
email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it.