Date Insertion now broken ?

From: Noodles <noodles_at_aol.com>
Date: 1 Jan 1999 03:14:59 GMT

I have a client application ( NT 4.0 ) that inserted a date into a column via the following:

select to_char(sysdate,'DD-MON-YYYY') from dual;

The client application didn't have a date insertion function and the vendor advised using the string insertion and let Oracle do the conversion. This worked fine up to a few days ago. Now all of sudden the date insertion is failing, but the client application is not returning any Oracle errors; which it usually does very faithfully.

I recently installed a Client SQL application from a German Company and could that have somehow changed the Registry default date format ???

TIA,
Cliff
(noodles_at_aol_dot_com) Received on Fri Jan 01 1999 - 04:14:59 CET

Original text of this message