Executable not found newbie question (Oracle/Linux)

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 12:10:19 -0500

Hi:

I've just gotten ORACLE8 for Linux installed on an Intel-based box. I'm trying to determine if I've missed something in the pre- or post-installation tasks. Essentially, I can't run SVRMGRL, SQLPLUS, etc. regardless of which user I'm signed in as (neither oracle, root, nor my own userid). It returns the not found message, even if the working directory is the one containing the file. Both of these are marked as w-rx--rx---x (meaning owner write read execute, group read execute, and all execute, right?) The ORACLE_HOME and other environment variables are set (at least on the oracle user), but that shouldn't matter anyway if I'm sitting in the bin directory where those executables actually are, right? Does anyone have any advice? Please reply via email as well as posting here?

Thanks and regards,

--
David C. Sisk
The Unofficial ORACLE on NT site