PeopleSoft: Upgrade 5.12 to 7.5 - anyone tried direct path???

From: john hayes <aikosys_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 1998/12/30

Hi there. This is a PeopleSoft upgrade query. I don't seem to find any specifically PeopleSoft newsgroups here - anyone know of one?

Meanwhile, here's the question:

We need to upgrade a 5.12 database to 7.5. I see that PS does not seem to support a direct upgrade path for this, but rather suggests going from
5.12 to 7.0, then 7.0 to 7.5.

Of course, I would rather do this all in one shot. Has anyone tried this?
I am assuming that it is unsupported because it has not been done/certified
by PS, but I can't think of any reason why it could not be done. Can anyone
tell me what problems I might expect if I try this?

Also - if I do end up doing it in 2 steps, I see that PS supports 5.12 to 7.0
and (more recently) 5.12 to 7.01. Since I would be going on to 7.5 anyway,
does it make a difference? Would I need to use 5.12 to 7.0 or 5.12 to 7.01?
I am thinking I should use 5.12 to 7.0, since the next step seems to be 7.0
to 7.5.

But, really - 5.12 to 7.5 would be much preferred....

Thanks for any comments. Please email responses to:

aikosys_at_earthlink.net

John Hayes Received on Wed Dec 30 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message