Re: VB6: OLEDB - Oracle Questions

From: Jerry Apfelbaum <japfelba_at_ican.ca>
Date: 1998/12/29

[Quoted] Thanks, Toffie.

Are those OLEDB options stable? Are they fast?

The reason I ask is this: I have been working with VB5 and oo4o - Oracle's Objects [Quoted] for OLE (I think MS borrowed the idea). Well, oo4o is quite fast when attached to a [Quoted] bound control like MSFlexGrid, but it's not always stable; I had a lot of strange [Quoted] problems with it crashing without dignity. But it is signifiantly faster than the [Quoted] MS Remote Data Control - MSRDC - which uses ODBC. When oo4o is used without a bound [Quoted] control, it is much more stable but loading the MSFlexGrid from oo4o through VB [Quoted] code is rather slow.

Thanks again for your interest.
Jerry