Re: Storing Microsoft Word documents using Oracle*Forms 4.5 ???

From: <wssimtw_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 17:26:41 GMT

I tried to use the READ_IMAGE_FILE and WRITE_IMAGE_FILE functions but they will only work with TIFF, JFIF, BMP, PCX, PICT, GIF, CALS, or RAS formats. When I try to read in a microsoft word file I get an unable to read file error, even if I rename the file to use one of the above extensions. Is there anyother way besides OLE to get a word document into a long column?

Mark

Copyright (c) 1994, Oracle Corporation.