Re: Sequences in Triggers

From: James A. Johnson <nimbus3_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 01:27:30 GMT

You cannot assign a sequence to a list item. You could do it progmaticaly but that is not what a sequence is for. A sequence is used to generate a unique key in some instances and is not readily available...or nor should it be...to a list box. If you assign a sequence to a list box, you are wasting numbers.

For example. Your sequences starts with 1000. Now, if I create a record group, and I am assuming you are using forms, then you dynamically create a record group with let's say 10 items. That means instead of your sequence sequentially updating like it should be, you are read 10 values at a wack. That means you sequence will come up with 1000-1010 as the first group, 1011-1021 as the second group and so on.