Re: Oracle ODBC Error

From: <toffie_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 08:30:20 GMT

In article <75p169$up9$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   vanand_at_allstate.com wrote:
> I get the following error in my code while using Oracle ODBC driver. Could
> anybody tell please what this error is due to ?
>
> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' Specified driver
> could not be loaded due to system error 126 (Oracle73 Ver2.5).
> /MetaSales/table2.asp, line 24
>
> The line 24 is
> StrCnn = "DSN=metaent5;UID=TEST;PWD=TEST"Conn.Open StrCnn

the 126 means that the providers's client pieces could not be loaded. First try to use the provider with some ADO code or Qurydemo under the IUSR_<machinename> user as this is the user with which you will connect when running ASP pages. You could expect this error when your SQL*NET 2.x is not installed or when there is no path entry to find the SQL*NET dlls.

Toffie.