PAUSE and/or ACCEPT in FORMS 5.0

From: Ed Jennings <jenningse_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 17:46:14 -0500

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have an application (FORMS 5.0) that contains some restricted (admin) features. Database support for these features is controlled through a role. This role has a passowrd on it, and it is not a default role for any user. Therefore, they must explicitly use the 'SET ROLE IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD' statement to access these functions. I want to use a button on the Form that has a 'WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSSED' trigger that prompts the user for a password, then calls the FORMS_DDL('stmt') procedure to set the role accordingly. I have created a text item on a stacked canvas, and put this canvas on a second window with the type set to MODAL. I issue a SHOW_WINDOW command, and then call the FORMS_DDL procedure with the text item that contains the password. Trouble is, even though the MODAL window remains on top until I enter the password, there is no waiting in the trigger. The FORMS_DDL command fires immediately after the SHOW_WINDOW procedure, irregardless of wether or not the password has been entered. The PAUSE command places a second modal window on top, so that isn't a solution. Is there a way to halt execution of the WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger until the password has been entered by the user????

TIA Ed Jennings

--
jenningse_at_mindspring.com