Re: Are Inserts without generating Redo possible?

From: Pat MInnis <pminnis_at_maverick.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 12:58:50 -0600

I don't think it is possible to do that. My understanding is that unrecoverable operations produce invalidation redo which effectively tells any future database recoveries to stop at that point so that the data operation in question can be rerun. This makes sense for batch operations. This wouldn't make much sense for real-time inserts. Maybe Oracle will come up with some way to allow transactions to be run unrecoverable one day?