Re: ROLES AND PRIVILEGES

From: Mark Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 22 Dec 1998 18:58:10 GMT

You do not get around this problem. In order to be able to create objects that reference objects owned by others and upon which you can then grant access on to other people, you must have direct grants on the foreign objects.

The best solution is to take a look at who the owner of the view, package, function etc... should be. Roles are great for holding and administering the table level privileges necessary to use an application. Application owners still need to be handled via direct grants.

E. Nunns <en201_at_cus.cam.ac.uk> wrote in article <