Oracle Discoverer Help Needed

From: <bzegar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 21:58:53 GMT

Can someone tell me how to place the following on a report in Oracle Discoverer.

This Months Amount | Year to Date This Month | A year ago This Month's Amount | A year ago Year to date This Month

Is it even possible to produce a year to date figure or a figure for a year ago???

I have done this in Microstrategy DSS Agent in one report with no problem. Do I need to do this in 4 different sheets in Discoverer?

Also, I have a couple of questions:

Can users create their own variables in Discoverer that are substrings of other dimensional items. For example, a user wants to just deal with the first 4 digits of a 9 digit part number. He/she wants to call this "Major Part#". He/She also wants to be able to save this for use in other reports. The next time they do an analysis, they might want to look at 5 digits and call it something else. Is this possible in Discoverer. I'm guessing that this isn't possible and I need to define all these things in the Administrator.

Can I join the results of multiple fact tables without double counting some of the totals. Other tools submit 2 queries to solve this problem and then merge the result. I think Discoverer will simply join the two tables together, thus duplicating some numbers across multiple rows in the result.

Thanks in advance.