Alternative Oracle Web Server

From: Jamie Keir <jkeir_at_jameswatt.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 15:45:09 +0000

Hi.

I've been working on a web server which can access an Oracle database in a similar way to the 'official' one. So far, it has support for:

  • Generic (ie public, no username/password) access
  • Named (ie scott/tiger) access
  • Optional full access logging
  • Any combination of HTML, SQL and PL*SQL code
  • Server-based (stored procedure) pages
  • Secure connections using SSLeay
  • PL/SQL output to web pages using DBMS_OUTPUT package

It currently only works on Digital Unix and Oracle 7.1.6, but if anyone wants to port it to another system I'd be interested in hearing from you.

Jamie Keir

--
| Oracle 7     DBA   | Digital Unix  | Jamie Keir                 |