Re: Running a Form

From: <suisum_at_ecn.ab.ca>
Date: 19 Dec 98 17:41:33 GMT

Create a shoutcut in the desktop if you are using WIN95.

Jochen Van den Bossche (Jochen.Van-Den-Bossche_at_eurocontrol.be) wrote:
: Do you mean not typing in username and password in the logon dialog box?

: IF YES:
: Command line invocation of a forms executable:
: C:\ORANT\BIN\F50run32.exe "form.fmx" scott/tiger_at_db_alias
: ^^^^^ ^^^^^
: usr pwd
: If you use only a local database you can omit the "_at_db_alias" part.
: (Tip: often this is "_at_orcl")
: You can put this command line in a script, batch-file or shortcut,
: but remember that the password is visible to everyone! If you do not
: like this, take a look at the 'if no' part

: IF NO:
: Than I guess you want to change the default login procedure.
: There is an on-logon trigger that can replace the complete logon
: procedure. You can put a call to the logon() function there. This
: function takes a username and password as variables. I have now idea how
: good (or bad) .fmx -files can be read (with an ascii editor): The
: password might still be visible. To hide it, you can choose a very
: complicated password that looks just like the rest of the code...

: REMEMARK
: Both solutions result in the fact that evewry user of the form will
: connect with the same username/password, but I guessed that that is
: exactly what you want.

: PS:
: Fill in your name in your e-mail/newsgroup program, I gues you aren't
: called "Not Supplied" are you?

: Not Supplied wrote:
: >
: > Can anyone tell me how to run a form from the command line without having to
: > type in the username and password each time?
: >
: > Is it possible to include the username and password in a pre-form trigger or
: > in a batch file when running the fmx?
: >
: > Please help.
: >
: > O.S. is Windows 98.