Help - Can't connect

From: Bob <rkarrow_at_adnc.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 10:31:30 -0800

Hi,

[Quoted] I'm a college student with a beginners knowledge of Oracle. Recently I received the Oracle8 Personal Edition and Developer 2000 CDs. I installed both on a single computer with moderate success (no network, Windows95, 64MB memory, Pentium). The Oracle8 Personal Edition program group and Oracle for Windows 95 program group are functioning properly. I can connect to the database using the default passwords and all appears to be OK. The Oracle Developer 2000 program group is another story. Whenever I try to connect to the database using for instance the Form Builder, the computer "hangs". I've checked my connections in Oracle Net8 Easy Configuration and tested each of the protocols. The TCP/IP tries to dial out and fails the test, but the Bequeath (local database) protocol does succeed in the connect test.

Can anyone help me with my connection problem???? Thanks for any help, and happy holidays to all.

Bob Karrow
rkarrow_at_adnc.com Received on Fri Dec 18 1998 - 19:31:30 CET

Original text of this message