Re: Running a Form

From: Marc Billiet <Marc.Billiet_at_hae.hydro.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 07:54:12 +0100

Because you are speaking about a batch file, I suppose you are using Windows 95 (or 98).
There is another way to do this (few people seem to know this, probably because it looks a bit complicated):

  Open the Windows Explorer
  Select View, Options
  Select tab File Types
  Look for Forms Builder Executable and select it   Click on button Edit
  Click on button New
  Type in the name of the action (e.g. 'Logon to SCOTT')   As the application to perform the action, enter: f50run32 module="%1" userid=scott/tiger_at_yourdatabase
  Click on OK
  Eventually you can click on Set Default (in that case, the action will be executed if you double click on an fmx file)   If you now right click on an fmx file in the Explorer, you will see your new action

In that way, you can create different actions to logon to different users/databases (e.g. a development database and a production database).

Marc