Forms 4.5: getting available printers

From: Steven C. Kondolf <skondolf_at_hatespam.frontiernet.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 13:37:07 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm working on a form where I need to call a reports 2.5 program and pass parameters from Forms 4.5. I want to run the report in asynchronous batch mode. This will be run on a Windows95 pc.

I need to be able to pick an available printer to pass to the report via the DESNAME parameter. The application requires much repetitive printing requests to many different printers and I don't want to slow the user down by popping up the runtime parameter form each time the report is chosen.

Since batch mode doesn't pop up any window allowing me to choose the printer, how do I get the list of of available printers defined on the pc I'm running the report on so I can pass this info?

Thanks.
Steve
skondolf_at_hatespam.frontiernet.net
skondolf_at_hatespam.compuserve.com

  • email addresses altered to foil spammers !! ***
  • Remove hatespam. from address before sending ***