Re: Forms 4.5 - passing parms in

From: Geoff White <whiteg_at_ccis.adisys.com.au>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 09:03:45 +0800

Phil Riker wrote:

> Has anyone had any success in passing argument(s) INTO a FORM. I
> don't mean CALL_FORM with a parm list, but passing, for instance,
> (from the "command line (ie shortcut )) the users home folder name, so
> a REPORT that might be called later from that FORM could be passed a
> parm for a file name output location? Example:
>
> c:\Forms45\myform.fmx userid=scott/tiger_at_mydb f\foo\foo
>
> Please e-mail me any help you might have
>
> Thanx
>
> Phil aka PRiker_at_mail.rit.edu

Yes. Give the parameter a name. In your example, for instance, you might have

    c:\Forms45\myform.fmx userid=scott/tiger_at_mydb repdir='f\foo\foo' In your form have a parameter named repdir. This will be loaded with the value from the command line at startup.

Geoff Received on Thu Dec 17 1998 - 02:03:45 CET

Original text of this message