Comparing records for changes in PL/SQL

From: Mark Rittman <mark_at_snowball.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 19:48:28 -0000

Does anyone know a quick way of comparing two records in two different tables (that have the same table/record structure) to see if the records differ?

The context of this is that we will have a 'customer' table that is archived off each month with a _YYMM suffix. I would like to quickly compare each customer's current record with the previous, archived record, and determine whether any of the data has changed. The table has about 30 columns and I would like to avoid too long a SQL statement.

Mark Rittman
Business Analyst
Toyota Motor Finance (UK) Ltd
Systems Department
Email: mrittman_at_tmf-europe.com
www: http://www.toyota.co.uk
Tel: 0990-40-3659
Mobile: 0411-903143 Received on Mon Dec 14 1998 - 20:48:28 CET

Original text of this message