Re: Slow Retrieval in Forms Multi-Block

From: Louise Weiler <johnsl2_at_rpi.edu>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 17:53:43 GMT

Ed --

[Quoted] Are the four related blocks detail blocks of a master-detail relation or are they truly correlated on the same level? The reason I ask -- I had a similar issue, and what I ended up doing was deferring the auto-query on the detail blocks in the master-detail relation, and only doing the query "on command" (like for the record that was currently displayed, not for ALL of the records when the user went to a "last record" or a "first record"). It cut my processing time by something like 75%.

Just a thought....

Louise