Query Problems in Form Triggers

From: Greg Williams <greg.williams_at_lambdaconsulting.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 10:29:35 -0500

[Quoted] I have two blocks, let's call them block A and block B. They are joined by a 1:M relationship, Mandatory to Mandatory. One of the items in the B block, PROJECT_ID (varchar2(20)) is a list item. CODE is the main item for the entire form, and it is located in block A. Whenever someone enters in CODE, I would like the PROJECT_ID list to display the results of the query in the list. This is the first thing I can't figure out.

There are also many other blocks under block B, all of them 1:M relationships (one block B for many underblocks). These are Mandatory to Optional. I would also like to make it so that once you enter in CODE and it queries and brings up the matching PROJECT_IDs, you can choose a PROJECT_ID from the generated list. Once you choose the one from the list, I would like the form to automatically query all of the underblocks based on the item picked from PROJECT_ID.

I have the first part figured out to some extent, but I get errors when the query to CODE brings up no records (since the process I am using uses temp record groups). So it doesn't work that way.

Any ideas? Please?

Steve Karam

Lambda Consulting

steve-karam_at_lambdaconsulting.com Received on Sat Dec 12 1998 - 16:29:35 CET

Original text of this message